Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Beautiful Moments



    Some of her last words to me “I’m not afraid to die”.  I remember letting that statement go right over my head, I mean, I didn’t even stop to question what was making her say that to me.  I mean, we were helping with a housewarming party, I had come down from school to visit, these were happy times, she looked healthier than she had been, and oddly the most peaceful I had seen her in a long time, so peaceful that I remember looking at her but feeling as though I was looking “into” her and feeling what she was feeling.  It was so soothing, so calm, so peaceful.  So peaceful that I am forever grateful for that moment.   See, In retrospect, her breathing was a little laborious, and she was tired.  So tired that that day turned out to be my very last day seeing her as I had known her all of my life….  Yet, I still am truly grateful for “that moment”.   Not only has that moment helped me to handle things easier because I knew she was at peace with it, she wasn’t afraid. That MOMENT, has taught me so many other things as well… it has taught me that if you stay focused on the good, you don’t have time to think about the bad. It has taught me the importance of enjoying and living in the moment (oh, how we forget sometimes), It has taught me to treasure moments, experiences, and people, and it serves as a reminder that these bodies of ours are temporary, some last longer than others, but we don’t know when and how any of us are going to go.

What we do know is that we are here, right now! And there are so many beautiful moments to be experienced.  Tunnel Vision Folks!  Keep focused on the beauty of now, and look to the beauty that lies ahead.  Let that inner you shine so bright that when others look at you they feel as though they can see “into” you, and may the beauty that you see imprint itself on you…..forever  

In love, and light!

5 comments: